Main Content

Housing Repair and Rehabilitation

Housing Services offers a Housing Rehabilitation Program that can help make repairs to your home if you are low-income and live in Unincorporated Lee County*. If you and your property qualify, you may be able to receive assistance to make necessary repairs to your home, such as: 

                  • Septic repair/replacement
                  • Roof repair/replacement
                  • Well repair/replacement
                  • Electrical
                  • Plumbing
                  • Heating and Air Conditioning
                  • Window repair/replacement
                  • Door repair/replacement

The Housing Rehabilitation Program is for properties located in Unincorporated Lee County (outside of City limits), priority is given to elderly and/or disabled homeowners.  Priority will also be given to the five (5) Neighborhood District areas, as identified by the Lee County Board of County Commissioners.  Presently, these areas are: Charleston Park (Alva), Page Park, Palmona Park, Pine Manor, and Suncoast Estates (North Fort Myers).

Lee County will place a deferred payment mortgage on your property for the amount of assistance received.  The mortgage term varies by program.  Potential applicants must meet HUD's income guidelines (maximum 80% of median income) and must also meet other qualifications, including property eligibility.

For more information and income guidlines click here.

Residents of unincorporated Lee County  - for further information or to start a new application, please call (239) 533-7900 and press options 1, 6, and 2.

To check the status of an EXISTING APPLICATION with Human Services, please call (239) 533-7900 and press options 1, 6, and 3 to speak to a Housing Finance Counselor (if you get voice mail please leave a detailed message and a Counselor will return your call as soon as possible).


Residents within Fort Myers City Limits  - please contact the City of Fort Myers by telephone at (239) 321-7971 for possible assistance with housing rehabilitation.

Residents within Cape Coral City Limits - please contact the Cape Coral Housing Development Corporation at (239) 471-0922 for possible assistance.